Sunday, May 11, 2014

Trying to Catch up part 1

So I have had a lot going on. I have a lot of things that I need to post about and review, many colours to  make swatch posts about, and so many other things to catch up on. I am not being a lazy blogger, I promise!

It all really started with losing my bunny Hiro in March that I had for 7 years. She and I were bonded like someone would be bonded to a service animal. She practically was a service animal for me, anytime I was sick or very sad she would be right there with me. She knew when I would get migraines before I got them and would lick my forehead. So losing her was super hard on me. It was hard on my fiance too, and hard on our remaining bunny Mitzi. Hiro and Mitzi didn't get along great when they were loose in the house, but when they were in their enclosures they would groom each other through the bar openings and sit near each other. Hiro died of cancer and she was about 8 years old, which is about how long her breed lives. 8-10 years they say for a mini-rex, so we knew we didn't have much longer with her, but it was still a shock. The night before she was happy and playing and energetic, just as she always was. I woke up about 4 hours later to use the restroom, and went to check on the rabbits, as I usually do when I wake up in the night. It was her night to free range, so usually she would run up and get pets and I would go back to bed. This time she didn't, and I had a hard time finding her in the apartment. When i did find her she was laying on the floor breathing hard and seeming sick. Later that day we took her to the vet and had to put her down, so that she wouldn't be suffering. I know it was the right choice and I don't regret it. If we got the treatment for her she wouldn't get to be the happy and playful bunny she always was. At the vet's office she used her last bits of energy to cuddle with me and let me know it was ok and that she was ready.

We got her cremated and planted some flowers in her memory.
I know that she wouldn't want me to be sad, but I am still really sad over losing her. But I am also so happy to have met her.

Our furry friends don't live long enough it seems, but our time with them is so special. Do you have any pets or special memories with animals? Please share in the comments! I love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment