Sunday, March 16, 2014

A Simple Pin-up look and a simple review

My fiance and I went out to the mall to look at what Sephora had for the Pantone Colour of the Year Collection. They had some pretty things, but I didn't buy because it was all animal tested since Sephora's in house brand is not cruelty free. They had a display with colours by other brands that matched the radiant orchid colour, but it was slim pickin's. I went to Macy's and bought a swim bottom instead so I could use my new YWCA membership to it's fullest. (Due to my disability the pool is currently the easiest thing for me to do to get exercise, which is nice because I love swimming.)

Here is my look for the day, featuring e.l.f. products!
The main products used to get this look are all by e.l.f! I used their Gel Eye Liner (it comes with a tiny angle brush), which I plan to give a full review of soon. We just have too see how long it keeps. Their Essential Lip Stain in Berry Blush and their Essential Hypershine Lipgloss in Vixen which came with the free Mardi Gras set from my order. I also used their Studio Hi Definition power and their Make Up Setting Spray and that kept my foundation in place and my shine away all day!

It was a fun and easy look, and it was my first time using a gel liner. I had fallen for liquid liners in the marker like tubes so I just never tried one. Well, I needed $35 to get free shipping from e.l.f. so I figured why not get it. It went on smoothly and it stayed put all day. Full review soon.

Here is the review
This is e.l.f.'s Studio Daily Brush Cleaner. It's an antibacterial brush cleaner that you use everyday on your brushes to keep them clean, help them last longer and your skin healthy! As you should know your brushes and make up are prone to gathering bacterial from your skin and having it breed there. This can get unsanitary after a while. This cleaner not only kills that bacterial it also removes make up from the brushes so that you can switch colours if you need to. I just sprayed it on and whipped it on a tissue to get the make up out. It also smells really good. As soon as I took the cap off the lovely smell came out. If your brushes are really full of product it might be time for a good shampoo though!
At only $3 e.l.f.'s Studio Daily Brush Cleaner is a great way to extend the life of your brushes and help keep things a little more sanitary.




2 comments:

  1. Digging the hair! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I used Ion Lavender with a bit of the Ion purple mixed in to make it just a bit darker. :-)

      Delete