Saturday, March 8, 2014

First Product Review! Starrydance Cosmetics on Etsy

Hi everyone! Here it is, my first review for you. It's from an indie maker who sells on Etsy called Starrydance Cosmetics, made by fantasy artist Gwynn Farrington. Currently she is making lip balms, themed with My Little Pony or other characters, and solid perfumes in the same vein.

This time I ordered some lip balms. They are cruelty free and contain natural ingredients. Her ingredients are listed on her selling pages for each product. Sorry, vegans, they do contain beeswax, so this one might not be for you. She makes all of these herself, including the artwork in the labels.

I ordered 3 lip balms, 2 are MLP themed despite my not being a MLP fan. But the flavours sounded too good to pass up and at the 3 for $10 deal I was sold. https://www.etsy.com/listing/172690236/shea-butter-lip-balms-3-for-10-pick-your?ref=related-0
I ordered:
Rarity- which is a black berry pomegranate flavour
Pinky Pie- which is a strawberry swirl flavour
Lucky Cat- which is a natural vanilla flavour

I placed my order on March first, she shipped them by the 3rd and they arrived today March 8th. I think the shipping on her end was nice and quick, but USPS left something to be desired (again).

Her packaging on the other hand left nothing to be desired. It was like opening a present. I could have just gifted it to someone right out of the envelope, and I didn't even have to pay extra for this. It was so cute.
 It arrived to my home in a bright purple bubble mailer, and inside that was a box in an organza bag. I could already see the cuteness flowing out of it.

Inside that bag was a smaller bag that contained some cute gifts. The labels and the notes on the box added a nice touch, to help remind which things you ordered. Opening the box I could already smell the goodness that was inside. I was very excited to open up the balms and try them out.

Here is the order, out of the box. You can see the lip balms with the original artwork, and the professional looking plastic covering the whole tube. The kind that seals it all up for sanitary purposes. She included a free dragon sticker, a cute unicorn phone charm (how did she know I love purple?!) and her wonderful business card, which to me doubles as a piece of art.

On to the balms themselves! The go on like butter. They just melt and absorb into my skin. I even tested them on my dry cuticles. The oils used to add scent/flavour to them doesn't leave burning or itching on cracked skin, even my super sensitive skin, which is a big deal! I will be buying these again for sure.
The tubes were full to the top, maybe about 3mm over so I didn't have to wind them up any. There are no colourants added so they are a milky white in colour. The scent is phenomenal. Seriously, it makes you want to just take a bite out of them. Unfortunately it doesn't have much of a flavour to go with that scent. I was hoping it would, but it's also good to keep me from licking my lips.

So, I recommend Starrydance Cosmetics lipbalms if you are looking for a small batch all natural indie balm that feels great on. Especially if you like MLP and other cute things. I for one will be buying from her again.

Buy Starrydance Cosmetics here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Starrydance


Do you know of a natural cosmetics maker that would want to be reviewed in a blog? Email me at seraphimfeathers@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment